Thursday, August 20, 2009

If I don't know about it, maybe my mother-in-law does.

I wanted to start talking about things. First, I thought about baking. Well, that can be part of it. I also want to talk about hosting exchange students, having foster kids, and my own kids (names changed to protect the privacy, and innocent). If anyone wants to reply to my blog, change the names please. Everyone deserves privacy, even you. I have hosted students for 15 years. I have been a foster parent for 6 years. And last but certainly not least, I have had my own children all live to be adults.
We have travelled with them, gone to movies, baked, BBQ'ed, and done many other things. I have had over 30 teens come through my house throughout these many years. Sometimes it is fun! And sometimes it has been not so fun.
There have been boys, girls, and siblings here. We have had exchange students and foster kids while having my kids at the same time. What a way for everyone to learn about the world from so many perspectives! We have had 5 teens living in the house at the same time. The first thing we learned was to make a written list of rules for eveyone to follow. Next we learned to make compromises. We have learned to listen to many different kinds of music, eat different kinds of food, and do different kinds of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment